FYA is Australia's only national for-purpose organisation dedicated to backing the next generation of young people who are going to rethink the world and create a better future.
We work with young people from all over Australia aged 12-29 years, building Australia's largest community of young changemakers - the innovators, the makers, the dreamers, the thinkers, the doers and the creators. Working with partners across industry, government, education and the community sector to create and back young people and transform the way young people are engaged.
About the role
Highly organised and proactive, in this role you will have the opportunity to work with a supportive and fun team while providing vital support to the Board and CFO & Company Secutary. This role will also see you supporting our Leadership Team and operations at FYA to optimise their efficiency. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to get things done.
Sound like you? Read on!
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities;
- Executive Support:
- booking meetings or appointments and diary management
- booking travel including flights, accommodation and hire cars
- reconciliation of credit cards each month
- Board and Committee Meetings:
- liaising with Company Secretary to set up meeting invitations and determine availability of Directors and committee members
- preparing meeting agendas and papers including reminding team members to submit papers, proofreading and formatting
- Sending out papers for meeting in a timely manner
- Support to FYA Speaker Bureau Project Team:
- actively participate as a member of the Speaker Bureau Team, providing support to all speakers (including the CEO) representing FYA at conferences and events
- preparing briefings, run sheets, presentations and collateral for conferences and events
- arranging invoices, after events, for speaker fees and reimbursement of travel costs
- Support Head of Legal:
- liaise with internal and external parties to arrange sign-off and execution of documents in accordance with signing authority levels
- maintain an organised system for filing contracts and compliance related documents
- create and update forms and templates, policies and procedures
- General Administrative Support:
- answer all incoming calls to FYA and direct as appropriate
- collect and distribute mail, faxes and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org each day
- routine scanning and filing of legal, HR and payroll documentation
You will have proven experience in a similar role providing administration support to senior members of an organisation with strong communication and negotiation skills. Experience working with Boards and governance, specifically in supporting the preparation of Board papers Excellent time management and ability to complete varying tasks simultaneously. Demonstrated competency in Google based application and MS Office suite of programs.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong time management skills with proven ability to manage several projects at once, to prioritise work and to work under pressure to meet tight timeframes.
Strong personal presence, confidence and self-assurance, along with relationship management skills and the ability to engage, influence and negotiate will be required for this role.
Don't wait....apply now to be part of changing the future.
Now you know all about us, we want to know all about you!
Call Sheri Johnston, CFO & Company Secutary on 03 9670 5436.
FYA is an equal opportunity employer, we know that strength comes with diversity and encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or or disability