Indigenous Engagement Project Manager
Ongoing Part Time (0.8 FTE)
FYA is Australia's only national for-purpose organisation dedicated to backing the next generation of young people who are going to rethink the world and create a better future.
We work with young people from all over Australia aged 12-29 years, building Australia's largest community of young changemakers - the innovators, the makers, the dreamers, the thinkers, the doers and the creators. Working with partners across industry, government, education and the community sector to create and back young people and transform the way young people are engaged.
The Indigenous Engagement Project Manager will contribute to the delivery of FYA's Indigenous Engagement Strategy and broader organisational strategy. The role supports the Director, Indigenous Engagement to achieve internal implementation of work within the strategy.
The Indigenous Engagement Project Manager will work collaboratively with FYA teams to align the Indigenous Strategy and its principles to the delivery of core business.
The purpose of the Indigenous Engagement Strategy is to create a framework for the identification and implementation of FYA engagement and support activities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people.
Sound like you? Read on!
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities;
- Implement the Indigenous Engagement Strategy internally
- Engage, consult and develop relationships with staff members to embed the Indigenous Engagement Strategy principles within their work
- Contribute to the development of outcomes relating to the Reconciliation Action Plan such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment, retention strategy and procurement policy
- Contribute to the day to day operations and implementation of the Indigenous Engagement Strategy including but not exclusive to project management, facilitation, communications, administration and other tasks as appropriate
Review the full job description on this website.
Experience in strategy implementation, stakeholder communication, Indigenous engagement, or relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. community development, project management, communication and/or organisational development). Ideally you will have comprehensive understanding and experience in working with Indigenous people, particularly young Indigenous people. Ideally you will be able to work independently and across the organisation.
Experience in engagement approaches with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships and how to effectively engage and influence key stakeholders will be benificial in this role.
Don't wait....apply now to be part of changing the future
Now you know all about us, we want to know all about you!
To apply, please submit your application via the FYA Careers webpage. You will need to include the following:
- A one-page cover letter that tells us why you would be perfect for the role
- A CV, no longer than three pages, that outlines your experience and career highlights.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply
Still have questions?
Call Adele Peek, Director Indegenous Engagement on 03 9670 5436 or email email@example.com
Please see our website for full position description - https://fyacareers.com/Vacancies/
If you require access to the internet to apply for this role, please get touch with Wishna Gunaratnam on 03 9670 5436 or drop into our office located at 21-27 Somerset Place, Melbourne.
FYA is an equal opportunity employer, we know that strength comes with diversity and encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability